php tutorials

Jeisson

There is a lot of outdated, incorrect or just snippets from the manual for tutorials on the net both free and paid.

I've seen a lot of them, mostly for amusement or seeing how bad they are.

You want to visit the manual at php.net which is always current and will even find contributed examples.

Otherwise can get a recent reputable php book, which again is referring to the manual but in their own words and practices.

When I learned php there was not any schools, books or online tutorials for it. I'm actually glad in that respect because I feel I learned the right way.

I started here, read everything (some a few times), tried to absorb as much as can and frequently went back or researched something specific when needed it.

After a while it all sinks in and will see yourself visiting there less often.

Although is good to go there once in a while to see if anything has changed.

It takes a while to really learn php, all the functions, when and how to implement them, some creativity and imagination at times.

The good thing for you is can come here to the forums and ask any question or help with some code, many would be glad to assist you.

Two posts here that may help you once you learn a little.

suggestions/do and don't list

http://forums.phpfre...s-heres-a-list/

CodeAcademy is typically well-regarded, although I've never used it personally.

The key is to find resources that were created/updated within the last two years. If you find a blog article from 2007, it's not going to even be worth it to read. PHP has changed substantially over the years, as has web development as a whole.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.