how to create category => subcategories => posts

lovephp

You'll have to be a lot more specific. What exactly do you not understand?

The basic structure should be obvious: There are categories, and there are posts. A category has a parent (which may be NULL for root categories), and a post belongs to one (or more?) categories. There's really nothing special.

Note that if the number of subcategory levels isn't limited, fetching the category tree with MySQL will be a pain in the ass (since MySQL doesn't support recursive queries). But you can worry about that later.

ok let me be more specific

something like this url i am trying to acheive

1.   category.php?name=shoes (this display all data from category shoes)

category.php?name=watches (this display all data from category watechs)

2.   category.php?name=shoes&area=casual (this display all data from casuals related to cat name shoes)

category.php?name=shoes&area=watches (this display all data from casuals related to cat name watches)

and lastly the product information display in some php file  how do i plan this structure?

So a product belongs to one category (or many categories?), and each category can be further divided into subsections like “casual”?

If the “area” is really just an attribute of a product, I'd make three tables: categories, attributes (or areas) and products. Then you assign each product to one category and one attribute. If you need multiple categories or attributes, you need more tables.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.