Need php "buddy"

I need some assistance with php specifically and web dev generally.

I am a fairly proficient programmer per se. Have done non-web programming, especially Excel VBA. Before that I did some basic and a bit of C. I've done some reasonably sophisticated stuff with html and php including some cool php classes and even a bit of AJAX.

But a lot of it is just hacking! I'd rather spend time doing the beefy stuff rather than tinkering, testing, trying, failing, misunsderstanding so many topics like I do now. All too often I stumble over otherwise basic topics that I know too little about (e.g. HTTP, CSS, java script, Apache etc. etc.). Worse yet, its hard to know just what I don't know.

For example, the more I read about sessions and cookies the more I'm confused. I'm still not clear about what to do if cookies are turned off. Some say pass session id via url or via a POST. Others say no never. I hacked for three hours just trying to figure out how to determine if cookies are enabled! Errrghh.

I have some smallish personal projects that I want to do -- nothing too sophisticated I think -- and some hope of doing some more sophisticated stuff like on-line publishing of a "modularized" version of a large report requiring much more sophisticated "content management" expertise than I have.

I'm hoping to find someone who is knowledgeable and proficient with php and web generally and who'll work on a retainer type arrangement: e.g. I send some bucks -- say for five hours at a time -- and you work until that amount is used up. Hourly rate is negotiable and, of course, based on experience.

Jim

jim@jimeyer.net

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.