Simple form script test doesn't send email...

Hi,

I'm a jobless person who accidentally got a webdesign job with an employment agency. I kinda said that I would try to provide them with a free form instead of them having to pay someone like www.logiforms.com

I'm completely new to PHP, but managed to install a local server and create these files:

form.php
sendmail.php
thankyou.html

I kept getting errors when trying to run the script locally, so I uploaded to:

[a href=\"http://www.smartrecruituk.com/form.php\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.smartrecruituk.com/form.php[/a]

It's just a test form. I uploaded it to the HTDOCS directory. There was a CGI directory but I think that this server is PHP enabled... hopefully.

I tried the script on the server and it successfully took me to the thankyou.html page but I never received an email.

I'm not sure why this script doesn't work and I have been unable to find a free web host that supports PHP and SMTP...

please help!!!!

Form.php

[code]
<html>
<head></head>
<body>
<form method="post" action="sendmail.php">
Email: <input name="email" type="text" /><br />
<textarea name="message" rows="15" cols="40">
</textarea><br />
<input type="submit" />
</form>
</body>
</html>
[/code]

**edited to remove my email address from google!**

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.