[SOLVED] Having issues with valign

blackcell

//index.html

<iframe src="top.php"> <---- Needs the table aligned to the bottom of the iframe or actually to the bottom of top.php (see below).

//top.php

<table align="left" width="100%" border="0">

<tr >

<td ><div id="target"></div></td> //<--- I need this table to load at the bottom of the page.

</tr>

</table>

Vertical aligning something like that is kind of hacky. Is everything fixed hight? As in, can you set the height of the iframe? Because then you can set the table to have the same height, and then put a valign (or css vertical-align) on the td.

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing displayed  ???

However I would agree with the above mentioned. I'm not sure why you need the send button in an iframe (or why you even need one using ajax) but it would be best to keep the send button on the stationary page. This way the only thing you would need an iframe for is for the messaging window. I would suggest just using a scrolling div layer however, i have built a chat using php and found it to be easiest. Ajax can update it all the same.

There not to much different then tables really.

<div style="overflow:scroll;">Content Here</div>

That would give you a div that will scroll. Div layers are good cause you can target them with CSS easily, and create ones that scroll both directions, only 1 direction. Can position them practically anywhere. I would google it if your interested. Might make your project a bit easier.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.