change admin passwords?

swiftmed

Hi,

Could someone please advise me where i need to go to change the password to my website please?. the password i want to change is the www.xxxxxxxxxxx.com/admin one, i have looked in the config.php file but this only contains the username and password for MySQL database.

Any advice is most appreciated. Cheers.

Is your site based upon some sort of CMS (Content Management System) such as PHPNuke? If so, the password is stored in the database. You would need to change it there. There are ways you could alter it without accessing the DB directly, but that would require knowing the table structure which will vary from one CMS to another.

Hi Guys,

Cheers for the replys. No i have changed my Cpanel password. This is a site custom built content management system and the site is controlled through the /admin/ section. there is a MySQL database, but dont know anything about the database or anything, so i got problems. LOL. there is no HTPSSD so i guess its controlled somewhere else, but where, is anyones guess.

Cheers for any advice provided.

there is no way we could possibly know how to change the password of this custom cms. we don't have it in front of us. i would assume that, like all good cms's, there would be a change password linkie somewhere in the menu. maybe under account settings or something.

[!--quoteo(post=375379:date=May 19 2006, 03:18 PM:name=Andy MacDonald)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Andy MacDonald @ May 19 2006, 03:18 PM) [snapback]375379[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
err,

the only things that are in the admin section is 4 links. add artist, add album, add song, add chart. so i would imagine its somewhere else? sorry to be a pain.
[/quote]

If there is no way of changing the admin password then you'll have to find out if there is a password for the database that stores if, if that is how it is done.

Like Purple said... if its a custom built script there is no way we'll be able to help you.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.