php form field default value

toonz

Good morning. I have a quick question on how to create and display a default form field value in an html document I have. The current line looks like this

<input class="Input" value="{opt1}" name="{opt1_Name}" style="WIDTH: 336px" size="50" >

What is the tag I need to add in order to create a default value that will display in the field, but can be written over if I need to change it to something else? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

None of that looks like php to me, maybe some template engine?

Anyway, in php it would look something like....

<input class="Input" value="<?php echo isset($_POST['fld']) ? $_POST['fld'] : 'default value'; ?>" name="{opt1_Name}" style="WIDTH: 336px" size="50" >

well, it would most likely be html than, since its a form that is pulling information from a .php file. the 'value' tag is actually the name of the field in the sql database, so I dont want to mess with that or it probably wont pull any information from the database. This was part of a script that was made for me awhile ago, and now I need to make some small changes which is where Im getting stuck. Thanks for your reply

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.