Simple PHP help needed!

aceishigh

Hey,

I have a real simple problem, I have a 3 page process which puts data into 3 seperate MySQL tables and I create an ID on the first and wish to just pass this over to the second page. How do you pass over data from one page to the next?

[!--quoteo(post=375787:date=May 21 2006, 10:47 AM:name=Crayon Violent)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Crayon Violent @ May 21 2006, 10:47 AM) [snapback]375787[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
do a hidden input in your form with the value you want to pass. or start a session and pass your variable through a session.
[/quote]

Hey thanks for the quick reply, maybe I should have been a little more specific :S ok, I don't think I can add a hidden input field because I am using a php generated random number and storing this as a business ID in one table. On the second page I want to add this businessID to a seperate table so they can be linked. So I wanted to post my $businessID field to the next page so this can be inserted into the table. So can you post businessID from page 1 to page2? I'm really stumped, I have thought long and hard about this think logically this is the best way of doing what I need.

[!--quoteo(post=375804:date=May 21 2006, 11:09 AM:name=Crayon Violent)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Crayon Violent @ May 21 2006, 11:09 AM) [snapback]375804[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
how are you moving from page 1 to page 2?
[/quote]

Hi, I'm having the same problem. Here's what I'm doing: First Page includes data using a form. When I click submit I need to pass the ?id= variable in order to get the second form on the second page working with the id.

$insertGoTo = "Players_Include.php";
if (isset($_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'])) {
$insertGoTo .= (strpos($insertGoTo, '?')) ? "&" : "?";
$insertGoTo .= $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'];
}
header(sprintf("Location: %s", $insertGoTo));
}

Thanks

Structure like this

::page1.php::

[code]<FORM action='page2.php'>

<fields for form 1>

</FORM>[/code]

::page2.php::

[code]<?php
    process form 1 data
    insert record
    get $newid
    ?>

<FORM action='page3.php'>

<hidden field name='newid' value='$newid>
     <fields for form 2>

</FORM>[/code]

etc

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.