1 reply to this topic

#1 webdogjcn

webdogjcn
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 04:52 PM

Okay I have a file upload system where the users can upload their files to my site. But I want them to be able to later go back and fill out a description and add a thumbnail for their file. So what I want is for people to be able to view all files and if the owner hasn't made a description page it will just download the file when they click on it, but if they have it will go to a description page where the user can download the file from.

So, basically the question is how can I get the user to essentially add their own page to the server? I want them to just be able to enter a description and upload a picture and then the server will take that info and make a .htm file out of it displaying the thumbnail and the description beside it.

#2 litebearer

litebearer
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,357 posts
  • Locationwhite lake michigan

Posted 21 May 2006 - 08:21 PM

pseudo code

1. create database
id
user name
user password
path/name of user pic
pic description/comment
path/name of thumbnail

2. create login/register page for users
a. register new user
b. exisitng user has option to (1) add pic (2) delete pic (3) add comment (4) edit comment

I suggest...

1. each user having own folder for pics/thumbs
2. use sessions so that IF the person viewing a picture IS the original user then edit options are displayed; otherwise, only views are displayed.

Lite..

all the brothers were valiant!

[br][br]The truely intelligent people are not those who create the dots; rather they are they ones with the ability to connect the dots into a coherent picture

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users