Photo

command line used to modify information in a specific field in a specific table?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bobleny

bobleny
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 429 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 03:23 AM

Umm… what is the command line used to modify information in a specific field in a specific table? E.g.

I have a table named forumtest it has 5 fields, name, subject, message, time, and id.

Id like to enter id 54’s field and modify the previously entered message. How can I do this?

I am building a php forum and this is a crucial part as Its always nice to edit your post when you screw up. lol
-- www.firemelt.net --
First do me a favor and read this: JavaScript is NOT Java - Then read this: www.php.net - When your done with that, read this Topic
After that, floors open. I and anyone else will be MORE than happy to answer YOUR query! [Topic Solved]
Cheer up, the worst has yet to come...

#2 shoz

shoz
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 600 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 04:42 AM

[!--sql--][div class=\'sqltop\']SQL[/div][div class=\'sqlmain\'][!--sql1--][span style=\'color:blue;font-weight:bold\']UPDATE[/span] forumtest SET message = 'new message here' WHERE id = 54
[!--sql2--][/div][!--sql3--]
[a href=\"http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/update.html\" target=\"_blank\"]UPDATE SYNTAX[/a]

#3 bobleny

bobleny
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 429 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 08:18 PM

Great it works! thanks
-- www.firemelt.net --
First do me a favor and read this: JavaScript is NOT Java - Then read this: www.php.net - When your done with that, read this Topic
After that, floors open. I and anyone else will be MORE than happy to answer YOUR query! [Topic Solved]
Cheer up, the worst has yet to come...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users