why can't we post tutorials on the

tutorials section? sometimes when I'm

bored I like to test my PHP skills by

making tutorials for others, and the

tutorials section doesn't have many

tutorials right now. Are only the staff

allowed to post tutorials? or do we

have to send them to someone?

Those big long things are called sentences.

Maybe its just me, but i find it makes it really hard on the eye...

really?

i think its easier reading short little lines than reading a big long thing.

• 4 weeks later...

Although I did feel like I should be reading a poem, I enjoyed the shorter lines. 

As far as the tutorial section goes:  Those tutorials are all that's left of what we used to have on the main site, before it got hacked.  We salvaged what we could and converted them to threads/posts (that's why they look all whack).  They are there as "read only" for those who were benefiting from them at the time.  Unfortunately, the bulk of the tutorials were lost forever (including all of mine! sniff :*( ), that's why there aren't that many there.  We are working valiantly hard on a new main site, with a new tutorial section.  As Daniel said, once it's all up and running, we will be removing that forum altogether. 

We are working on a different member group hierarchy for the forums (some of it already implemented) which will allow people to work their way into being tutorial authors, so if that's your thing, be helpful around the forums, get yourself noticed, prove your worth, bribe the right people :D and perhaps you might find yourself in one of those groups.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.