Control another browser window.

iPixel

Ok ill try to make this as short as possible and i hope someone can help.

I have this php photo gallery intranet site. Basically it just stores a bunch of images per item we sell.

This company has a system that manages all the items, like pricing and other types of info..
its called PCS (www.profitcentersoftware.com).

This system they have works like any admin system would. It uses Javascript alot to pass data from one page to another...

Goal :
====

I want to create a button on my php gallery page that will take control over the PCS window which is web based btw (also an intranet) and insert image name and image text into the 2 fields available and than have my "Monet" hit the add button and keep doing so for as many images as exist.

Can this be done.. is it even possible to have my php site control another one within another browser window. I know it can be done with an application that i kind of like a form filler. But im trying to implement
such a task into the gallery.

If there is anything else i should mention but havent feel free to ask.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Well yea i dont need to control it with php programming .. i just need to know where i can learn to do so ..
although i would have to intertwine php with js which i know can be frustrating.

[!--quoteo(post=376335:date=May 23 2006, 10:06 AM:name=ober)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(ober @ May 23 2006, 10:06 AM) [snapback]376335[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
That's a JavaScript question. PHP is server side only.
[/quote]

there is a javascript manual on the left side of your screen under the "documentation heading" and there is a javascript forum on this board located here: [a href=\"http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php?showforum=6\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php?showforum=6[/a]

hope you find what you're looking for.

I'll read up on that .. thanks!
Hope it works hehe.

[!--quoteo(post=376351:date=May 23 2006, 10:28 AM:name=michaellunsford)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(michaellunsford @ May 23 2006, 10:28 AM) [snapback]376351[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
there is a javascript manual on the left side of your screen under the "documentation heading" and there is a javascript forum on this board located here: [a href=\"http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php?showforum=6\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php?showforum=6[/a]

hope you find what you're looking for.
[/quote]

Sure lemmie try another way of saying this...

I made a site called Monet.
Monet will have a page that contains 2 things...
1> Image Name (text)
2> Alt Tag for Imate (text)

PCS made an admin site.
This admin site has a page that contains... 3 fields. (field type)

1> Image Name (text)
2> Image Text (text)
3> Image Type (dropdown)

+> Add Button (button)

So Basically i need to cross window communicate between Monet and PCS using JavaScript i guess ... i want to take my Img Name and Image text and fill in these fields on the PCS window and hit the ADD button automatically. The point is to continue doing so untill my num_rows ended and then hit the Save Button.

Hope i was easier to understand this time.
Thanks for trying to help !

[!--quoteo(post=378453:date=May 30 2006, 02:05 PM:name=michaellunsford)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(michaellunsford @ May 30 2006, 02:05 PM) [snapback]378453[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Can you rephrase your "goal" question?
[/quote]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.