Do you blog?

SharkBait

Do you own a blog? Do you contribute to a blog?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own a blog? Do you contribute to a blog?

• Yes I own a blog
    • I don't own but I do write on a blog
    • I don't go blogging
    • What's a blog?

I am just curious who out there runs a blog or contributes to a blog.  I have a blog and love reading other people's blogs. It's also a good way to network too.

If you own a blog you can win a Samsung Bluetooth Headset too.. details on the link in my signature ;)

I do not see the point in having a blog.  If I want someone to know something about me, I will tell them.

It doesn't have to contain specifics about yourself - It could be used for writing articles on specific topics, or posting solutions for obscure problems that can't be found elsewhere, y'know, useful information to share with like-minded people you don't know...

I do not see the point in having a blog. If I want someone to know something about me, I will tell them.

Well, that's what you can use a blog for. A blog is essentially a medium through which you can express yourself or publish things. An example could be Smashing Magazine whose aim is to "[deliver] useful and innovative information for designers and web-developers" and "inform [their] readers about the latest trends and techniques in web-development" (source). In the time of writing 69598 subscribers to their RSS feed, so surely at least a couple of people find that there is a point in that particular website.

To answer the question of the poll, no, I do not maintain a blog nor have I ever done so.

I just figure if it is that important that everyone must know, I will just tell them through some other means of communication.  It makes sense if you are a business, or something like that, but I do not think it makes sense for personal use.

I try to blog.

And yes, I do try to ascend "this is my cat fluffy"-type posts, creating relatively unique content. The biggest problem is finding the time, especially if you are covering more complicated subjects. People have work, and sometimes even, dare I say, private lives.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.