increment variable

cbeshears

Is there a way to perform arithmetic operators in a hyperlink using PHP? I'm trying to create a NEXT link to will increment my variable by +1 but am having problems with the syntax. Can anybody help please?

My code is:
[code]echo "<a href='imageonly.php?portid='.$port_id+1.'>NEXT</a>";[/code]

and
[code]$query = "select * from table where portid = ".$_GET['portid']; [/code]

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for clearning up the quotes, but now I'm getting this error and I'm not sure what it means:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in /home/cbesh2/public_html/customseating/code-only/imageonly.php on line 96

I've done a search for this error but don't understand. Any suggestions?

Okay, I got it, I got it! What I did is move the hyperlink further down the page. Then I created a separate line that incremented the variable, so that if the NEXT link was not selected then the new value wouldn't effect the script.

Here's the code:

[code]
$port_id++;
echo "<a href='imageonly.php?portid=".$port_id."'>NEXT</a>";
[/code]

Thanks for your help.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.