Help me pls !!!

NightFog

Hello to all!!
I'm new in the arts of web design.
And i need help on this problem i have!!
I'm working on a web page right now in Dreamweaver 8!
And the thing is like this.... I have for example the text "Click here" !
The page is in HTML code and i wish to make something like this.... when the user click's "Click here" then a new browser window should open with a picture in it.
I tried from the "Atributes" section in dreamweaver to give the text that propertie but it's swichez from "onclick" to "onfocus" and i have to change it back to "onclick"!!
Can u guis help me pls!!
I really have to make this work nice!! [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/unsure.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":unsure:\" border=\"0\" alt=\"unsure.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=376799:date=May 24 2006, 04:58 PM:name=GingerRobot)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(GingerRobot @ May 24 2006, 04:58 PM) [snapback]376799[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
<a href="location of page with image or the image itselft" target="_blank">Click here!</a>

If you wanted the new window to be of a particular size, you would use javascript. Try searching the web for javascript pop-ups.
[/quote]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah as u sugested i need the window of the browser to be a specific size and i don't get it why that damn Dreamweaver does not let me give the text that properti?!
And why is he swiching "onclick" with "onfocus"?? [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/unsure.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":unsure:\" border=\"0\" alt=\"unsure.gif\" /] [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/excl.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":excl:\" border=\"0\" alt=\"excl.gif\" /]
If it does not work or i can't find some way to make it work then i'll stik to what u sugested but i allready tried your sugestion before i made this post and it works !!
I really need to make the window to be a specific size for example "300x300" that is the bad part :((.

[a href=\"http://javascript.internet.com/generators/popup-window.html\" target=\"_blank\"]http://javascript.internet.com/generators/popup-window.html[/a]

That does it for you. lol. Fill out the form with how you want it, and it will generate the javascript for you.

[!--quoteo(post=376807:date=May 24 2006, 05:09 PM:name=GingerRobot)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(GingerRobot @ May 24 2006, 05:09 PM) [snapback]376807[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
[a href=\"http://javascript.internet.com/generators/popup-window.html\" target=\"_blank\"]http://javascript.internet.com/generators/popup-window.html[/a]

That does it for you. lol. Fill out the form with how you want it, and it will generate the javascript for you.
[/quote]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thx u rule!!! [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":smile:\" border=\"0\" alt=\"smile.gif\" /]
I think u all deserve to see what i'm working on.http://82.79.180.41/index.html
It's not much but it's made by these two hands and i hope i can make it to the finish with it because this is my diploma project and i really wish that it will come out well!!
Made the design in photoshop and i really tryed to make it as simple as possible ... and i really wished that i could make it strech 100% but i have a feeling that i did not cut the layout right and that is going to cost me because i have a lot of "spacers" in the tables of the page. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/unsure.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":unsure:\" border=\"0\" alt=\"unsure.gif\" /]
Any critics are wellcomed!!
Go to potoshop section .. there is something u can see... the rest i'm still working on !!
Hope u like it !!

[!--quoteo(post=376812:date=May 24 2006, 05:34 PM:name=GingerRobot)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(GingerRobot @ May 24 2006, 05:34 PM) [snapback]376812[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Nice design in general, my only critisism would be the that i dont think the title font fits too well with the rest of the layout.

Apart from that, it looks good
[/quote]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah i tought that i should change that one !!
Only the Font or the whole thing ??

[!--quoteo(post=376816:date=May 24 2006, 05:41 PM:name=GingerRobot)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(GingerRobot @ May 24 2006, 05:41 PM) [snapback]376816[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Pretty much the whole title :p
[/quote]
LOL.... it can be done but i'll need some ideeas ... but that's my problem.. and th bigest one is to finish the site as soon as possible... i do have a dead line u know !!

Hey!!
Good news !!
I DID IT !!
I found a way to solve my problem!! [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":wink:\" border=\"0\" alt=\"wink.gif\" /]
With this command.... "<a href="#" onFocus="if(this.blur)this.blur()">"
U put this in front of this "<font color="#990000" onClick="MM_openBrWindow('flashdemo.htm','flashdemo','width=250,height=250')">HERE</font></a></b> "
And it works... makes the text like a link but when u click it ... it will open a new browser window with the specified size u wish!!
Cool huh!!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.