'really urgent.... sorry for saying that.... Hhehe ' mysql wont work

ok...
as usual i turn on my computer, load dreamweaver, do something and open the site in ff and ie to test it..... goes fine.... been doing that for ages... then suddenly today..

i open dreamweaver and open ff and ie, send them to localhost/site and it says that it can't connect (what i got it to say if it can't connect), and that there was an error on line 8. On line at is the connect to mysql host.

Now, i would go check all the files and everything, but it worked yesterday... and all my other stuff on localhost, works... just not anything that has connect because it can't connect.

i haven't changed any files or anything!

please help as soon as posible because i can't do anything while it doesn't work...and i have projects and everything due soon

Ok first check that the MySQL service is running. You can do this by going to Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services

Now scoll down the list of services until you reach MySQL. Now click on the MySQL row and now check that the status column states [b]Started[/b]. If it doesn't right click on MySQL and click Start from the menu. Windows will now attempt to start the MySQL service. If MySQL is started you should be able to connect to the MySQL server.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.