HHawk
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 02:26 PM

Hi guys,

I have a question concerning the following;

I am currently building a website for one of our hosting company's. Though the website is mostly completed, except for a few things, I am having trouble to create an order form which uses the whois results from the whois php script.

How do I use the results which are shown from a PHP whois script in an order form?

Since I a noob concerning scripting, I would like to know how I can put the results given from the whois php script into an order form, so it's more convenient for customers to place an order.

If someone can tell me how to pull this of, or can point me in the direction (or website with information), I would be very grateful.

Regards,
HHawk

PS: Sorry for my bad English, but English isn't my native language. So I still hope you can understand what I want to do.

#2 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 03:06 PM

to put a 'default' value in for example a text field in a form, you would do like

<?php
  $username = 'Joe';
  $form = "<form ...>";
  $form.= "Username: <input type = 'text' name='username' value='$username'>";
  $form.="<input type = 'submit'></form>";

echo $form;
?>
this will output([] represents text field):
Username: [Joe        ]
[Submit]

Did I help you? Feeling generous? Buy me lunch! 
Please, take the time and do some research and find out how much it would have cost you to get your help from a decent paid-for source. A "roll-of-the-dice" freelancer will charge you $5-$15/hr. A decent entry level freelancer will charge you around $15-30/hr. A professional will charge you anywhere from $50-$100/hr. An agency will charge anywhere from $100-$250/hr. Think about all this when soliciting for help here. Think about how much money you are making from the work you are asking for help on. No, we do not expect you to pay for the help given here, but donating a few bucks is a fraction of the cost of what you would have paid, shows your appreciation, helps motivate people to keep offering help without the pricetag, and helps make this a higher quality free-help community :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users