problems with gettext and smarty

Mets

Hi guys,

I'm kind of new to php, so I thought I'd post my problem here. I'm trying to get a php portal software system up and running for my website, which, in itself, is usually pretty straightforward. However, this particular portal uses Smarty for a lot of the pages, and I seem to be running into all kinds of problems. Most recently, I've gotten this error when loading the main page:

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "dotnode.config" in C:\apachefriends\xampp\php\smarty\libs\Smarty.class.php on line 1096

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: gettext() in C:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\dotnode\includes\smarty_plugins\block.gettext.php on line 126

I'm assuming that the Smarty.class.php file is fine, but I don't understand why it's trying to read dotnode.config inside of itself. The software package has the config file in root\smarty\configs\ - how can I tell it to look there? Also, how can I tell it that gettext is in fact defined? The block.gettext.php uses an add-on called Smarty gettext, but after examining the code it looked like they were in fact using the regular gettext() function. I put block.t.php (the Smarty gettext file) in the same directory anyways to see if it would help, but it doesn't seem to see it. Any ideas?

As you may have noticed, this is the Open.Node portal package that I'm trying to install and get running on XAMPP for windows. If you know an easier way to get this up and running, I'd be incredibly happy [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":smile:\" border=\"0\" alt=\"smile.gif\" /]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.