Simple Login help needed...

xxxacp

Hello,

I am very new to php and need some help... I have looked everywhere and all I can find is login scripts. I install them and get them working porperly, but I need to be able to add info to my users, that are logged in, area.

I need to be able to add info all across the board, and also to individual accounts.

I would also like my logged in users to be able to add their own info so they can view it anytime they are logged in...

I know this is probably simple, but I really need some help with this.

Here is what I have so far, and it is only a login script that I downloaded and installed:

[a href=\"http://www.claudeweidner.com/login/main.php\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.claudeweidner.com/login/main.php[/a]

You can login as regular user as demo1 and password demo1, you can login as admin with the username admin and password admin.

Thanks in advance for your help...

Hi all I have changed what I needed from the simple login to as follows:

I want to use a layout like this:
[a href=\"http://www.claudeweidner.com/userman/register.php\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.claudeweidner.com/userman/register.php[/a]

Where I can place ads on the left and create a top logo and have rotating banners at the bottom. This all needs to remain constant throught the site.
I would like to be able to edit the ads from the admin area, the top logo can just be names toplogo.jpg or something, the banners at bottom should be accessable from the admin area.

1. I need a place where clients of mine can login to the system. (I would like the login system to have the verify by email feature and the service is free.

2. The main login page needs to be an area that I can update from admin and will post to all clients, or can be one global page.

3. Clients need to be able to udate their login info, ie. password change, email address, etc...

4. I want my clients to be able to sign up with affiliate sponsors from a list that I will have for them, or they can add their own, and then add their sponsors name, address, affiliate ID, login user, login pass to my system.

Right now I don't need any of that info to do anything for me, just want my clients to have a place they can login to and keep all of their affiliate info in one place to keep it more organized.

From the admin, I will need to be able to add new affillates that my clients can sign up under, and it will be viewable to all clients.

5. I would like the admin area to have the ability to email single users from a dropdown / list or mass email everyone at once.

For the affiliates:
When a client selects an affilate from the list, they will be directed to the aff. website in a new window so they can sign up. (once they click on the aff. from my system, it needs to dissapear from the aff. list or have a pending status, until they enter the aff. info into my system after they have signed up.)

I guess the tree should look something like this:

Login Page:

Global page {HOME} with info that I can update from the admin area that all can see. The following Navigation:

My Profile: {PROFILE}
will include all info asked for at registration (and give them the option to update/change info) ie. name, address, phone, icq, mns, yahoo, aim, username, pass, etc. you know all the usual...

Sponsors: {SPONSORS}
page opens up to current list of sponsors that client has signed up with either a drop down menu or a table. Needs to have a link to a list of all sponsors added by admin.(if there isn't a sponsor in the list added my admin, client needs to be able to add their own to list and only shows up in there sponsors list.) Would like sponsors sorted alphabetically.

Support: {SUPPORT}
CONTACT US link, opens up contact form
FAQ link, opens up faq that can be updated from admin area.

Sponsors info needs to be as follows:
Sponsor Name
Sponsor Website
Affiliate ID given by sponsor
Login Name
Password

Note: some sponsors do not require an affiliate ID, they just use the login name, so affiliate ID should not be required.
Maybe the sponsor name needs to show a list of the pending sponsors they can select from, this way in case the client spells it wrong, it will insure that the sponsors leaves pending status.

I hope I am clear and I probably missed a thing or two, so any input is appreciated.

Thanks, this became a little bigger project than I was planning after I made my post...lol

[!--quoteo(post=377838:date=May 28 2006, 09:54 AM:name=xxxacp)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(xxxacp @ May 28 2006, 09:54 AM) [snapback]377838[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Hi all I have changed what I needed from the simple login to as follows:

I want to use a layout like this:
[a href=\"http://www.claudeweidner.com/userman/register.php\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.claudeweidner.com/userman/register.php[/a]

Where I can place ads on the left and create a top logo and have rotating banners at the bottom. This all needs to remain constant throught the site.
I would like to be able to edit the ads from the admin area, the top logo can just be names toplogo.jpg or something, the banners at bottom should be accessable from the admin area.

1. I need a place where clients of mine can login to the system. (I would like the login system to have the verify by email feature and the service is free.

2. The main login page needs to be an area that I can update from admin and will post to all clients, or can be one global page.

3. Clients need to be able to udate their login info, ie. password change, email address, etc...

4. I want my clients to be able to sign up with affiliate sponsors from a list that I will have for them, or they can add their own, and then add their sponsors name, address, affiliate ID, login user, login pass to my system.

Right now I don't need any of that info to do anything for me, just want my clients to have a place they can login to and keep all of their affiliate info in one place to keep it more organized.

From the admin, I will need to be able to add new affillates that my clients can sign up under, and it will be viewable to all clients.

5. I would like the admin area to have the ability to email single users from a dropdown / list or mass email everyone at once.

For the affiliates:
When a client selects an affilate from the list, they will be directed to the aff. website in a new window so they can sign up. (once they click on the aff. from my system, it needs to dissapear from the aff. list or have a pending status, until they enter the aff. info into my system after they have signed up.)

I guess the tree should look something like this:

Login Page:

Global page {HOME} with info that I can update from the admin area that all can see. The following Navigation:

My Profile: {PROFILE}
will include all info asked for at registration (and give them the option to update/change info) ie. name, address, phone, icq, mns, yahoo, aim, username, pass, etc. you know all the usual...

Sponsors: {SPONSORS}
page opens up to current list of sponsors that client has signed up with either a drop down menu or a table. Needs to have a link to a list of all sponsors added by admin.(if there isn't a sponsor in the list added my admin, client needs to be able to add their own to list and only shows up in there sponsors list.) Would like sponsors sorted alphabetically.

Support: {SUPPORT}
CONTACT US link, opens up contact form
FAQ link, opens up faq that can be updated from admin area.

Sponsors info needs to be as follows:
Sponsor Name
Sponsor Website
Affiliate ID given by sponsor
Login Name
Password

Note: some sponsors do not require an affiliate ID, they just use the login name, so affiliate ID should not be required.
Maybe the sponsor name needs to show a list of the pending sponsors they can select from, this way in case the client spells it wrong, it will insure that the sponsors leaves pending status.

I hope I am clear and I probably missed a thing or two, so any input is appreciated.

Thanks, this became a little bigger project than I was planning after I made my post...lol
[/quote]

Logins arent easy...i would recommend getting abit of php and mysql "under your belt" before you start a login! especially a login that does anything after (I.E edit your personal info)

[!--quoteo(post=377844:date=May 28 2006, 10:06 AM:name=legohead6)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(legohead6 @ May 28 2006, 10:06 AM) [snapback]377844[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Logins arent easy...i would recommend getting abit of php and mysql "under your belt" before you start a login! especially a login that does anything after (I.E edit your personal info)
[/quote]

Thanks for the input legohead6

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.