$headers = 'Reply-To youremailaddress@yourISP.com' ?

Rianna

Hello these instructions someone gave me to get my "From: "in my email to give my own email address as follows...

$headers = 'From: youremailstuff@yourisp.com' . "\r\n" .
'Reply-To: youremailstuff@yourisp.com' . "\r\n" .
'X-Mailer: PHP/' . phpversion();

I am doing something wrong. I am getting this error message from the server. This is what the server message says.

"MAILER-DAEMON@smtp04-02.mesa1.secureserver.net

We're sorry. There's a problem with the e-mail address(es) you're trying
to send to. Please verify the address(es) and try again."

I was told to enter my isp in the from and the reply as you can see above. I took that as meaning my server IP address. Is this incorrect? If it is the IP how to I write it, as numbers with the usual periods in between or something else.

If it isn't the IP but an ISP what exactly do you mean? Do you mean my host has its own ISP address that I can refer to? Or is there an individual ISP for each hosted account? Let me know please, thanks, Jen

[!--quoteo(post=377501:date=May 27 2006, 05:13 AM:name=1Jen)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(1Jen @ May 27 2006, 05:13 AM) [snapback]377501[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Thanks but it is not working anyway. My email is not sending, I am getting an error message from the server.

I need to know about this ISP question above. What do I enter into the ISP area of the command.
[/quote]

php.ini set the email up of your isp ok.

??? Are you saying I need to set it up through the php ini? If so how? Thanks.

[!--quoteo(post=377523:date=May 27 2006, 03:22 AM:name=redarrow)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(redarrow @ May 27 2006, 03:22 AM) [snapback]377523[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
php.ini set the email up of your isp ok.
[/quote]

[!--quoteo(post=377524:date=May 27 2006, 08:26 AM:name=1Jen)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(1Jen @ May 27 2006, 08:26 AM) [snapback]377524[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
??? Are you saying I need to set it up through the php ini? If so how? Thanks.
[/quote]
you can have an smtp service running on the server

then in the php.ini set under [mail function]

SMTP = localhost;your smtp server, localhost should be fine if the smtp server is on this computer
smtp_port = 25; or your mail port youre using
sendmail_from= user@domain; should be a user on the machine, i have mne set to webmaster and all mail sent from the mail function appears to come from webmaster at domain

from a php.ini file ok example.

sendmail_from testaddress@example.com testaddress@example.com
sendmail_path /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i
serialize_precision 100 100
short_open_tag On On
SMTP localhost localhost
smtp_port 25 25

Or you could use a ready made mailer class that does all the header work for you.

[a href=\"http://www.swiftmailer.org/\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.swiftmailer.org/[/a]

You can use sendmail or an SMTP server (one of your choice) with that.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.