[SOLVED] How could i write arabic language in instant client???

Hello guys,

I'm using oracle instant client version 11.1.0.6.0

And i want to retreive data that is arabic, but the problem is it displayed all in question marks  (????????????? ??????? ?????)

I set the NLS_LANG variable to ARABIC_SAUDI ARABIA.AR8MSWIN1256 but the porblem is still be..

I tried also to set NLS_LANG variable to AMERICAN_AMERICA.AR8MSWIN1256 but also the problem is sitll there  ???

any advise??????

Hello guys,

I'm using oracle instant client version 11.1.0.6.0

And i want to retreive data that is arabic, but the problem is it displayed all in question marks  (????????????? ??????? ?????)

I set the NLS_LANG variable to ARABIC_SAUDI ARABIA.AR8MSWIN1256 but the porblem is still be..

I tried also to set NLS_LANG variable to AMERICAN_AMERICA.AR8MSWIN1256 but also the problem is sitll there  ???

any advise??????

You are best off using UTF-8.  In Oracle that would be ALS32UTF8 or UTF8 characters sets.  Is that the character set you are using?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi gizmola,

My problem is solved ;D

All my problem was from the version of the client, it doesn't support the arabic language

I installed an Express edition and it's fine now :)

Thanks alot for your always support and help

Regards,

Piba

Hi gizmola,

My problem is solved ;D

All my problem was from the version of the client, it doesn't support the arabic language

I installed an Express edition and it's fine now :)

Thanks alot for your always support and help

Regards,

Piba

Great to hear, and thanks for providing an update for future readers.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.