Something dreadfuls happened to my Apache Server!

Area_51

Help! i cant believe it, another nightmare on my back and this time its my apache server playing up on me! I have been using apache server 1.3.23 as a console (in windows 98) for nearly a month because I managed to configure it properly with mysql and php.

I have been happilly completing some tutorials and they worked fine (.php and .php4 extensions worked fine). Yes\'day im not sure whether I did something wrong to my computer because for some reason it can not seem to find the php files in my localhost folder.

When I test it using the local host url, the Apache message comes up saying if you see this message then Apache is set up properly. Straight from the localhost folder i used to use a file called test.php i.e. http://localhost/test.php

This file was like a \'hello world thing\' and also included the phpinfo() function and all this used to work! for some reason when i type the same path in my browser it can not seem to find the file! I have other php files that used to work but dont seem to load up any more!

Can someone please tell me what may have happened and what must I do to correct this situation....

Thank you,

J

hi effigy,

I double checked and these files do exist. Inface they actually appear listed when I type the folder name in i.e. I have a few php files in a folder called vault. So when i type the full path :

http://localhost/vault/

It displays all the files. And when I click or even type the desired files in, the browser simply can not find them! I really dont knw what happened here because the last time i used it, everything was working fine. I even just done a virus scan and my comps virus free.

Plz try 2 help if you can, thank you very much for your time

J

all php files cannot be found/recognised when they are all there.
Does it only fail to find/recognize .php files or all files?

Try an HTML file. Does you browser find that through localhost? What if you save your php files with a different extention ( .php3, .php4, phtml, are a few that have been used). If only php files are the problem you should be able to narrow it down to only a few possabilities.

You may want to check your ini files to make sure the php extention is listed properly. Doen\'t know why it would change by itself overnight but I have seen stranger things.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.