Please Review My Site ForDevr.Com

mkkak

-I don't like the header image, it doesn't look very professional

-The links under the header image don't look good and are very unorganized looking. A drop down menu seems like it would fit nicely right there.

-I would personally take away the "Good Evening" message, that will also allow the middle column to align with the ones to the side of it.

-I don't like the header image, it doesn't look very professional

-The links under the header image don't look good and are very unorganized looking. A drop down menu seems like it would fit nicely right there.

-I would personally take away the "Good Evening" message, that will also allow the middle column to align with the ones to the side of it.

thank you for your Review your points are vert good i will manage and fix it all

1. Im on ie7 at 1440x900 and i have to scroll almost half the page to really see the content. Too much space for the header and ads.

2. As previously mentioned, the header doesnt look like one. It more looks like an ad which doesnt even go 100% on width.

3. There is like a loss of focus while struggling to find the information. Mainly cos of the first point i suggested, but also of the color scheme.

4. Talking about the color scheme, its pretty boring. Ure using orange on almost everything and its kinda disturbing. It is a very cool color but it cant be the only main one. Some blue and green will go well, but still your content cant be all orange.

5. I get that ure going for a portal, but there are way too much panels and stuff going on. The information is far from being concise and user friendly.

Basically what i would do is re-design it and have a better content structure. Thats all from me :)

I would leave the site on entry because your are pushing ads in my face. I would try to place them a little better. One inside the header is fine, but two on top of each other and before you even see content.... I would change it.

I have used google adsense before, and I learned that the more ads you have on the page the worse off you are. Not only does it disturb the users greatly, it also results in a lower ad click per page view ratio - which is the ultimate decider on how much $$$ you make.

Because your site doesn't have much traffic at this time, I would recommend taking out ALL ads. The amount of $$$ you make from the ads at this time is nominal. However, by taking them out you are more likely to build a user base.

Simplicity is the foundation of a successful website. Although your website isn't completely "complicated" it could def. get a makeover.

Ask yourself:

Is there really a need to have 3 columns? Will the user really use the "newest" or "most popular" links? Is there really a need to create over 4 annotations? - Why not make it "New", "Recent" and "Old". ...

You have to consider the average user as a person who doesn't give a crap, who is stupid, and is in a hurry. If you still can grasp there attention, then you have succeeded!  ;D

Your directory content looks good, but honestly when I arrive at the landing page my gut reaction is:  "Oh no not another directory, probably filled with Spam and commercial crap."  So, I prob would not even bother looking through the resources. 

You need to present your content in a way that sets it apart from every other development directory out there.

• 1 month later...

I know it's pretty much been said, but I agree all of the ads need to go, or atleast put the ads below the content in the left nav bar.

And there is no validation for some of your forms, I didn't drop any tables, but someone else. So get to validating.

• 8 months later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.