need help plz

posidon

hi, am working on a php site, and i have alot of information to display in the head and the footer, so i dont want them to be loaded everytime the user hits on a link, so i need to change only a part of a page using a href link (frame like i mean) here is an example of what i need in my site:

<?php
&content = "homepage.php";
$buttons = array('Home' => 'home.php',
'Fun' => 'fun.php',
'Contacts' => 'contacts.php',
'Services' => 'services.php',
'Site map' => 'map.php');
?>
<table>
<tr>
<td width="100">
<?php
foreach ($buttons as $name => $url)
{
echo "<a href='".htmlentities($url)."'> $name </a><br>";
}
?>
</td>
<td width="500">
<? require($content); ?>
</td>
</tr>
</table>

if someone can tell me please how can i use the href that is created by the foreach loop to change the $content value so to change the cell content only, i'de be thankfull

thanks alot guys for the help, hope to hear from u soon

ok, something was wrong with the post so here is a link to what i was going to post
[a href=\"http://www.electric-monkey.com/ryan/post.txt\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.electric-monkey.com/ryan/post.txt[/a]

thanks randy for ur help but this doesnt solve my problem, i tried the iframe before but there will be another problem that the iframe wont resize itself to fit the document's height and will give me a scrollbar instead, what i need is to use the page's scrollbar itself not the iframe's scrollbar.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.