Ok almost done!

Ok, I've done some work on it here and there added some new scripts and stuff and its almost ready for the web... just waiting on some content and i got to make it look pretty. once i do that I'm gonna get an ISP for the server and a domain! well check it out now http://67.235.123.223/

please tell me how you feel about the layout and every thing...

To be honest I found that background very distracting.  The image you have to click on before entering the site is a little dated as well as the overall design.

Please understand - I am not trying to just dump on you... these are the things I noticed.

Yes, absolutely use divs over tables for layout.  Tables should be used only for tabular data.

An example of what I mean by 'dated' is that your typeface is rather plain and generic - not that it should be fancy by any means, just maybe freshen it up some with a little CSS.

Regarding the background image - it's just too distracting.  All I see when I'm looking at the content is the background.  It makes for horrid aesthetics.

IMO sites where you have to click on enter to enter the site or any other type of page like that makes your website look very bad. Don't make someone click more in order to get to the main page.

I also agree about it being too busy.

thanks for the feedback... ive now taken down the intro page and the background might look stupid because im playing with it :P and then I am gonna make it all valid xhtml... and im gonna start B*tching to my content writer to get to writing!! lol :P

oh and the test background isn't on the home page its on the tools index page :P

and im playing with the css

oh just so you know both the content writer and i, are 16 and we have been doing this with little help only help i have been getting is from you guy :P (ive been doing php for about 4 months working with unix for about half a year, working with html/xhtml for about 2 years and css about 1 1/2 years (and i have the worst grammer/spelling)

and ive been working for a year to save up money to buy a server(parts to build a server) and my own ISP

sorry to post 2 times but it wont let me go edit my last post..

should i take off the banner ads... i was reading a post and they said  that its better to start off with no ads... so should i take it off and just have Google ad sense?

... guess I'm not almost done! ...still having fun tho so its all good!

sorry to post 2 times but it wont let me go edit my last post..

should i take off the banner ads... i was reading a post and they said  that its better to start off with no ads... so should i take it off and just have Google ad sense?

... guess I'm not almost done! ...still having fun tho so its all good!

Hey - that post was probably mine.

I have used google adsense before, and through my experience I learned that the more ads you have on the website the lower the click per view ratio, which means you make a lot less $$$.

I recommend taking all the ads down since the money you would make from them is nominal (insignificant). However, you would have a better chance to grow a community of users since the ads wouldn't distract them or interfere with the purpose of the site. You can always re-establish the ads later on...  ;D

• 2 weeks later...

Eh, we are droping this project due to the fact that both of us see no real potential for this website

we are going back to plan A and if any one would like to join the team contact me at

servermans@gmail.com

or IM me on yahoo (dont email yahoo i dont check the mail)

unix_revolver

ok well we are making an html tutorial/ php tutorial with some quizzes and freescripts here and there and a forum

so kinda combinding phpfreaks and w3schools

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.