[SOLVED] z index problem

asmith

hey guys

i have this flash in my site :

<EMBED name="objf5" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" src="my_flash.swf" width="120" height="60" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" />

there's a menu with css, (using ul list and hover...) upon that flash object.

the problem is i can't get this flash under the menu. when i navigate to menu link and menu opens, it goes under the flash. i've tried setting z index for flash and for the menu, menu higher than flash, but it won't work. so always the dopped down menu goes under the flash.

any idea?

thanks

the problem with absolute positioning is that it take your div and puts it out of the flow of document - completely. The menu and the flash now have no correlation.

To remedy this problem, you would want to make the flash object to be normally positioning, and make the menu absolutely position. Absolute positioned divs go over top.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.