Beauty Training Website

jellis

Hey all,

Just in the development stage right now for this client's website.

There is currently absolutely no content in the site but there is a CSS layout to view with associated images.  I've attempted to go for a completely liquid design that won't collapse when taken down underneath 760px in width.

I realise the header image is substantial, but having viewed a high number of websites in the same industry they all seem to be going down this path... a nice, big, cheesy image showing some woman feeling comfortable and relaxed.  I tried to ensure the file size is minimal whilst the quality remained tolerable.

URL is http://jellisweb.com/artofbeauty

All links are also dummies at this stage.

Thanks for taking the time to have a look and I really would appreciate any input.

Regards,

Josh

In my opinion, liquid designs should be 3 columns layout which have a lot of information to give. That way, even on a big screen it will look fine. Your site is expanding to just a bit less then 1440px (my monitor width) and it doesnt look good to me. Anyway, to the real deal:

- The background is kinda interesting, but i'd go for a for not such a deep blue. Probably a sky or green blue would look better.

- The rounded corners are way too exagerated.

- Dont like the bullets for the "Latest articles" and "Welcome". On the menu they look ok anyway.

- The girl's hair are cut off a bit bad.

In conclusion, its a pretty simple site but with content im sure it will look a lot better. Its not the best site ive seen, but its nice.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.