Battle Engine

ILYAS415

Cross Site Scripting(XSS):

You can submit ">code in the 'Name' field.

I created a game just like this only the battle shots came one at a time and depended on your weapon and clothing and defense rating. I like the idea alot

I looked at it... I like the idea those things are pretty cool.

Things to improve on

The form at the beginning, try organizing it with tables, like

Name: |          |
Offense: |          |
Defense: |          |

Instead of

Name: |         |

Offense: |         |

Defense: |         |

Trust me it looks way more proffesional.

I did the code for you just for fun:

<table>
<form method="post">
<tr><td>Name:</td><td><input type="text" name="name" maxlength="50" /></td></tr>
<tr><td>Offense:</td><td><input type="text" name="offense" maxlength="2" /></td></tr>
<tr><td>Defense:</td><td><input type="text" name="defense" maxlength="2" /></td></tr>
</table>
<input type="submit" name="create" value="Create" /><br />
</form>
Other stats:<br />
<table>
<tr>
<td>Health:</td><td>100/100</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Level:</td><td>1</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Weapon:</td><td>Fists</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Armour:</td><td>Rags</td>
</tr>
</table>

Another thing to note:

Why are we allowed to set the Defense and Offense levels, everyone will set them to the max, you should make it so if you have a offense level of 40 your defense can't excede 60.  That would make it more challenging.  Overall pretty good though, nice idea, good job.  ;)

BATTLE SYSTEM ENGINE 1.2

You attacked Rank 1 Elite Human for 11 damage! 
Rank 1 Elite Human attacked you for 151 damage! OVERKILL 

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/ragingmo/public_html/engine/fight.php on line 42

Perhaps you should improve the efficiency of your functions, or increase the maximum execution time.

• 1 month later...

Vulnerability description

This alert was generated using only banner information. It may be a false positive.

Stefan Esser reported some vulnerabilities in PHP, which can be exploited by malicious people to cause a DoS (Denial of Service) or potentially compromise a vulnerable system.The vulnerabilities are caused due to boundary errors within the "htmlentities()" and "htmlspecialchars()" functions. If a PHP application uses these functions to process user-supplied input, this can be exploited to cause a heap-based buffer overflow by passing specially crafted data to the affected application. Successful exploitation may allow execution of arbitrary code, but requires that the UTF-8 character set is selected. For a detailed explanation of the vulnerability read the referenced article.

Vendor has released PHP 5.2.0 which fixes this issue.

Affected PHP versions (up to 4.4.4/5.1.6).

This vulnerability affects PHP.

The impact of this vulnerability

Denial of service, remote code execution.

Attack details

Current version is PHP/4.4.4

How to fix this vulnerability

Upgrade PHP to the latest version.

Vulnerability description

HTTP TRACE method is enabled on this web server. In the presence of other cross-domain vulnerabilities in web browsers, sensitive header information could be read from any domains that support the HTTP TRACE method.

This vulnerability affects Web Server.

The impact of this vulnerability

Attackers may abuse HTTP TRACE functionality to gain access to information in HTTP headers such as cookies and authentication data.

Attack details

No details are available.

How to fix this vulnerability

Disable TRACE Method on the web server.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.