Main site bug reporting

Felt that i wouldn't post in the accouncement topic, as i hope that will be more for general comments and, dare i say, criticisms of the new site.

Also hate to be the first to point out the bug, but nevermind. I 'spect it's an IE7 issue -- which we all love. Or something.

Anyways, the problem is that if you set the option to hide the right stats bar on the blog/news/tutorial posts then the content starts a little way down the page with a large chunk of white at the top.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was able to lock it up hard yesterday... with my beautiful coding... I wrote a crappy for loop in an AJAX app of mine and all of a sudden the browser was using 350 Mb of RAM and it locked up.  Opera handled it nicely, however.

Another problem is I can' stay logged in, mind fixing that?

I'm aware of that. I'm not sure why it's doing that. It doesn't happen on the development server, nor on my localhost. I'm working on figuring out why.

What's with the double headers on the inner pages (tutorials/news/blogs). 

I'm not sure I follow...

The issues with staying logged in should be fixed. The reason was that SMF was overriding the PHPSESSID cookie thus logging people out on the main site. I fixed this by changing the name of the cookie the sessions use to phpfreaks_session for the main site.

Edit: Duplicate headers have been removed as well.

http://www.phpfreaks.com/page/posting-documentation

Layout of the table is screwed in FF (running on Vista).

It appears the reason is that all other browsers except for FF2 makes a linebreak at the hyphen in <span style="text-decoration:underline">underline</span>. This forces the table to be wider in FF2. There probably isn't anything I can do about it and seeing as this is a problem uniquely belonging to that specific table I won't do anything about it. It's an internal page meant for authors (i.e. not the general public) so those few persons who are authors and using FF2 will have to live with it.

Btw, I had to switch back to FF2 to diagnose the problem. All I can say is, if you haven't upgraded to FF3 yet, do it, even when it's only an RC. Much faster, looks better and has better OS integration and handles memory more efficiently than any other browser. Anyways, this topic is not supposed to be a browser debate.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.