Super-DMCA

jonsjava

Just another product of people willing to give up their rights due to 9/11.  Don't worry though.  The government is working hard to make devices capable of reading your thoughts and then those will be illegal too. 

hahahaha laugh it up now while you still can.  Don't worry, I won't tell you I told you so...I wouldn't even think about it.

Eugh. Same thing is happening in the UK too. Im sick of it. They now wish to record and save every phonecall made, and every email sent, within the UK.

Not only is this pointless for stopping terrorism ('we're gonna blow it up you say?', 'yeah', 'tomorrow - be there or be square') and is a complete invasion of privacy, our government doesn't exactly have a great track record when it comes to keeping our personal data secure.

I recently had to do a speaking test for my french A-level in which you had to to take a fairly extreme stance on a subject. Mine happened to be CCTV cameras and security. My point of view was that we were half way toward totalitarianism. Now, that was in part to tick said 'clear stance' box, but it's not far from the truth to be honest. We're a tiny country, yet we have over 4 million CCTV cameras. Paranoid? How dare you! We're rapidy become a state that wishes to police every damn aspect of our lives. We can't even be unhealthy anymore. Let alone speak your mind.

</political rant>

Re: the article; i particularly like the part where it points out that pretty much all routers and firewalls cound be considered illegal. Lock up the whole damn country i say.

What kind of retarded legislators would ever pass a such law? It's outright ridiculous. I understand they want to protect the people against terrorists and what not, but it shouldn't be by restricting people's rights and by restricting scientific works/research.

What kind of retarded legislators would ever pass a such law? It's outright ridiculous. I understand they want to protect the people against terrorists and what not, but it shouldn't be by restricting people's rights and by restricting scientific works/research.

In a capitalist society, the central focus on laws is to make an extra buck. Their interest in keeping people safe only extends as far as keeping customers alive because dead men can't pay.  So what's 'morally' right doesn't really apply most of the time.

It so true what ppl are saying in the real world big brother watching you.......

I can not believe the uk are going to copy and save all email's in the uk....

I think it madness espacally when a man kills another man and it called man slater

5 years prison and a tag then out....

the term man slater now like saying murder........

In the uk we continue to prosecute the poor........

The uk is only interested in getting money from joe blogs tax.....

get rid off cigarettes but dont worrie we will put car tax up, get rid off cars where add more trains and

buses, pay your council tax where use it on a 6 week Olympic game .....

we wont give you the 10 pence promise where have a load instead......

ohhhh dont forget this one the lottery was suppose to help the less fortunate bur sorry no more

charity money the olyempic games need it.......

have we got any reel mp's goveners off the uk or is the law really fair......

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.