• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lea0001

lea0001
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 05:43 AM

I was just wondering if you had to be experienced in HTML to create nice web pages or if PHP solely on its own with mySQL would be good? Or if I would have to learn HTML too.

#2 trq

trq
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 31,041 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 05:57 AM

php has absolutley nothing to do with what a webpage will look like. That is all html and css. So yes, if you want to make webpages in php you need to know html.

Idearly. To be a decent web developer you would need skills in...

(x)html
css
javscript
php (or any server side tech)

Of course, if your like me and crap at design anyway, I just commission most of my design out to designers.

#3 lea0001

lea0001
  • New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 06:10 AM

ok thanks man.

#4 lessthanthree

lessthanthree
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 85 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 31 May 2006 - 10:14 AM

You'll probably find that whilst you learn PHP, you'll learn HTML without even thinking about it. I did :)
call me a safe bet, i'm betting i'm not

#5 Yesideez

Yesideez
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,334 posts
  • LocationDevon, UK

Posted 31 May 2006 - 11:24 AM

I learnt HTML to start with not knowing what PHP was about. I knew it existed but didn't know anything about it. After learning HTML and making a few sites I got fed up having to change loads of HTML files to add or remove one menu item or change a header etc. and it was then I found out PHP would do what I wanted.

While I taught myself PHP I also ended up learning MySQL due to the project I was working on at the time.
Not a pro just an enthusiast :)

if (empty($coffee)) {$coffee=new coffee();}

Please surround any code using the CODE tags - I rarely look at anything without them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users