# Solved Stat

How about adding a stat to the main site and/or forum showing how many topics are marked as solved so far? I mean, I know that wouldn't be 100% accurate, because we haven't had the solved feature all that long, and not all solved threads are marked as solved, but still, got to start somewhere...just do a query to find out how many marked right now for starting number, add a little update to a column or file somewhere each time one is marked, and voila!

Think it would be kind of cool to see that number climbing :)

Also it would be cool to be able to filter search results to only show topics that are marked as solved, but I doubt that would actually happen.  Wishful thinking.

I don't know how much the second part would require of the mod... you could ask Jay if he was still around.

The first one might be cool but would probably be very skewed.  I'd login and run the query against the DB but I don't really have time at the moment.

However, I did do a search for threads with [sOLVED] in the title and it returned about 1100... which is a measly 4%.

lol... it appears that the the way the modification we use checks whether a topic is solved or not is by checking whether the subject starts with [sOLVED]

Anyways,

SELECT (
 SELECT COUNT(smf_messages.ID_MSG)
   FROM smf_messages
   INNER JOIN smf_topics
     ON smf_messages.ID_MSG = smf_topics.ID_FIRST_MSG
   WHERE SUBSTR(smf_messages.subject, 1,  = '[sOLVED]'
) / COUNT(ID_TOPIC) AS topics_solved_pct FROM smf_topics;

Gives you 0.1806, i.e. 18.06%.

yeah well yeah like i said it's not liike we've had the solved mod since day 1.  I think if I were to personally do it, I would find out an average per day since we got it and then add that many more per day since day 1 sort of thing. I mean, it's still not accurate, but it's acceptable imo. 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.