Textarea won't work with mysql field data

Hi,

I am new to this code, the coder I hired to do this job quit on me before fixing all of the bugs, so please be patient with me.

I have a real estate property form on my site that displays fields from my mysql table in a form, so that I can enter property details and submit them to the database.

The normal fields that are varchar are being displayed properly in a normal text box form field, but the mysql fields that are supposed to be <textarea> form fields are also displaying as normal text form fields.  I need the <textarea> fields so that I can enter longer descriptions etc...and be able to see what I am typing.

From the code below is there any glaring mistakes that would fix this.  I have also attached the full bit of code that is supposed to generate the form.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

foreach ($vars as $field) {

if ($varsSize[$field]=="text") {

$strDisplay .= "<tr>

<td valign=\"top\">".eregi_replace("_", " ", $field).":</td>

<td><textarea cols=\"35\" rows=\"3\" name=\"".$field."\" id=\"".$field."\">".$Property[$field]."</textarea></td>

</tr>";

} else {

$strDisplay .= "<tr>

<td valign=\"top\">".eregi_replace("_", " ", $field).":</td>

<td><input type=\"text\" name=\"".$field."\" id=\"".$field."\" value=\"".$Property[$field]."\" size=\"45\" maxlength=\"500\" /></td>

</tr>";

}

}

[attachment deleted by admin]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.