Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JasonORDSW

COUNT from one date to another

I am running a members profile ssytem.. and I am trying to get a page to display the total of NEW members since a individual last logged on.

My current code is:

$query_newmembers = mysql_query("SELECT COUNT(*) FROM members WHERE TO_DAYS(stamp_approved)-TO_DAYS(\'$stamp_lastlogin2\')>0 AND status=\'A\' AND level IN (2,3,4)");

however it does not seem to be displaying the PROPER number of new members since a person last logged on (lastlogin2)

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Jason[/code]

Whats the filed type of \"stamp_approved\" is that timestamp/datetime or date?

This is the synaxt for TO_DAYS

SELECT TO_DAYS(\'2003-10-01\');

The Field Type for stamp approved and for lastlogin2 is datetime

I thank you in advance for your help!

Jason

If you have the filed type as time stamp you may need to extract the date alone used

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM members WHERE TO_DAYS(substring(<field_name>,1,11)) -TO_DAYS(\'$stamp_lastlogin2\') )>0 AND status=\'A\' AND level IN (2,3,4)"); 

ensure that \"$stamp_lastlogin2\" is in date format YYYY-MM-DD

Both the stamp approved and the lastlogin2 are datetime fields.. I wanted to kep it this way.. so it has a more ACCURATE reporting for when you do certain functions on the site.

Looks like I will have to extract the date ONLY for both fields.. THANKS for your help!

Any other suggestions.. please pass them along!

Jason

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.