function help

byronrode

you can view it here

[a href=\"http://devart.pastebin.com/748927\" target=\"_blank\"]serializer function[/a]

basically what I have is a survey form that submits data to a database. Checkboxes have been serialized for easier validation.
I am busy coding a backend for the survey, where I can retrieve the data in the database and display in a user friendly way for the client.
I am able to recover all of the other data excepting the checkbox data.
if i code each serialize loop individually, it works 100% but the 2 values mentioned in the above script are 2 of 20.
I don't really want to have to type 4 lines of code for each one, so hence the decision to create the function.
Now I have tested this function, and it is not returning any errors, so I would say it is complete to an extent, but how would I call an individual variable from within the function to print outside the function...

Much like below
[a href=\"http://devart.pastebin.com/748980\" target=\"_blank\"]How it should possibly render[/a]

Hope you understand this post...

[!--quoteo(post=378734:date=May 31 2006, 05:10 PM:name=poirot)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(poirot @ May 31 2006, 05:10 PM) [snapback]378734[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
$radio = unserialize($radiostations);
$radioArray = implode(', ', $value);
[/quote]

Thanks for the reply, but that is not what i am looking at doing. I can do the above, but I want to be able to write a function that can handle an array of queries
[code]
$array('radiostations', 'hobbiesinterests');
foreach($array as $key => $val)
[/code]

There is an example in my post. The first link... but that does not render an output.

Sorry, but I can't understand what you mean with "handle an array of queries ".
Do you want to use the values in a query, or do you already have the query's results and want to play with them and the array?

I'll explain...

I have a survey form that submits data to a database. The checkbox data is serialized before being saved in the database.

Now.

I have a script that pulls the data from the database using variables.

E.g.

[code]
Name: <?php print $name; ?>
Radio Stations: <?php print $radioArray; ?>
Hobbies and Interests: <?php print $hobbyArray; ?>
[/code]

At the moment I am unserializing each individual checkbox array with the following script

[code]
$radio = unserialize($radiostations);
foreach($radio as $key => $value) {
$radioArray .= $value.', ';
}

$hobby = unserialize($hobbiesinterests);
foreach($hobby as $key => $value) {
$hobbyArray .= $value.', ';
}
[/code]

Now thats only for two of the 20 or so checkbox values. What I want to do is to write a function that will in effect unserialize all the checkbox values ($hobbiesinterests | $radiostations | $and | $others) and then take the unserialized data from each variable and pass it to an array.

So lets say this.

We call the array $unserialized

[code]
$unserialized[0] = //the unserialized content of $radiostations [5FM, East Coast Radio]
$unserialized[1] = //the content of $hobbiesinterests [Golf, PHP]

$unserialized[2] = // And so on
[/code]

so instead of writing 4 lines of code for every checkbox, i can write 4 lines for all the checkboxes in one, and then print them by calling there position in an array...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.