Would you stay on my site?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Would you stay on my site?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • If you improved it (please specify)

Hey Guys!

Recently I've been working on redesigning my site, I was wondering if any of you could beta test it for me. Please test it on all the browsers you can, with all the screen sizes you can, with images turned on and off. Also, tell me if you find any problems (pm me about security problems(the world doesn't need to know)), Tell me how I can improve it, if you like it and anything else you want to tell me. I spent a long time on this so please don't just say "i hate it" tell me "i hate it because ...".

Tested Browsers:

IE 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254(Running on Windows)

Safari 3.1.1(525.17)(Running on Windows)

(You don't have to provide this indepth information, but please do say if it's like IE 6 not just IE, and what OS)

Known Errors

(Tell me if you find any)

Suggested Improvements

(Please list at least one way I can improve the site)

Average Rating

Content:?/?

Design:?/?

Functionality:?/?

Need For Improvement:?/?

How long would you stay? - ??:??:??

(10 is the highest 1 is the lowest)

Thanks for the help! ;D

URL:

http://www.frozenoven.com/

known errors

When registering as something like... Jon' Jacob. Heres how it displays at the top of the page...

Hey Jon\' Jacob!

Also i tried logging in as //jon' and i got a message saying username didnt exist. i went back a page and hers wat error i got...

Warning: file_get_contents(http://www.frozenoven.com/accounts///jon\'clss) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found in /home/blufish/public_html/index.php on line 15
Hey //jon\'! Inbox - Home

Anyway enuff of the errors...

suggested improvements[/]b

Definately the layout. I would say include more of a variety of colours, not jus the shades of a specific colour. Also make it seem more techno or frozen like by adding in pics/layout components associated with ice.

Also add games and hurry. you dont wanna lose visitors too quickly.

I didnt even bother lookin at the jokes section for too long. i think you should put the jokes on sepearte pages. eg. on page 1 theres 10 jokes. on page 2 theres another 10 jokes etc... at the moment you got too many jokes on one page.

Average rating:

Content: Not very good so  4/10

Design: Same... 4/10

Functionality: Better than previous two... 7/10

Need for improvement: Definately space for improvement... 9/10

Overall i would say i wouldnt stay on your website too long at the moment. maximum five minutes no offense :P Hopefully you'll improve it and it'll become better.

OK here goes.

I am using Firefox 2.0.0.1.4. & all the functions seem to be working.

Good stuff - I liked your intro about not having to sign up

but most of the things didn't work without signing up

Also liked the logo and immediate presentation enough to enjoy reading the intro blurb.  No color though  :-\

The intro could be improved by making it quick to get the info you are providing

"Why stay on this site???"

- no sign up required

- you will be entertained

+ fun chat on cool topics (make "cool topics" a link so they can get right to it)

+ view wacked out videos & optical illusions (whatever you think will entertain) connection to UTube

- etc.

Would I stay.  Probably not. 

Why not?

As a user hoping to be entertained I want an immediate link to a fun game or experience that will hook me.  You still want your main content to stand out & things not to get to cluttered so maybe put the main content area in color & put the links to games that will hook me with fun black & white graphics.

I don't know much about how to do it but it would be great if users could at least look at topics being discussed & see what people are posting.  It might even be nice to give them a sign-up free chance to connect with folks in chat say 10 post limit so they could immediately chat if they wanted to.  I guess this might get abused but until you build up your clientel it would be attractive at least to me.  It could always be changed later.

Hmm. . . I could probably come up with more but I am procrastinating . . .

Kate

• 2 weeks later...

Suggested Improvements

-----------------------

Content, content, content. Obviously the site is new but you have to provide content if you want users to stick around. As it stands I would probably leave your site as soon as your index loads. The design is bland and really shows off your lack of content. I see a user system but see no benefits of creating an account.

Content: 0/10

---------------

There is nothing to see here. You state the site is an entertainment site so expand on this idea.

Design: 1/10

---------------

Grey, black, white = boring. I would work on adding content and then showing off this content on the front page. Maybe like a recent additions box or links to your games or videos. Use some images and don't be afraid of color. Try a different font too.

Functionality: 5/10

-------------------

Everything seems to function properly.

Need For Improvement: 10/10

----------------------------

If you want to try to establish a full featured sited you have a lot of work ahead of you. But fortunately the sky is the limit with a new site so keep up the good work.

This is an okay site.  I'm going to start off by telling you that it is possible to register with tags in your name.  With scripts in my name, I get an alert box everytime I login.  Also when I enter the chat portion I get some errors. 

Warning: fopen(<script>alert("lol");</script>) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/blufish/public_html/mail/reader.php on line 8

All Mailing Systems Go!

Warning: file_put_contents(<script>alert("lol");</script>) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/blufish/public_html/mail/reader.php on line 10

Warning: file_get_contents(<script>alert("lol");</script>) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/blufish/public_html/mail/reader.php on line 51

You currently have no messages.

You might want to fix that.  Good jokes though and I was reading the blond ones for 30 minutes or more.

Average Rating

Content: 6/10              Some good jokes, but beyond that, not much at all. 

Design: 4/10              Very basic, simple graphics.  Maybe change the font type also - possibly to Arial size 10.  More COLORS.

Functionality: 5/10            Some issues in functionality including those errors.     

Need For Improvement: 8/10              YES!  Come up with a more colorful and creative design for your theme.

How long would you stay?  -  00:30:00            I already did once.

(10 is the highest 1 is the lowest)                OVERALL: 6.5/10          Your site is decent, and has some good content.  Make your design more enjoying and pleasant though.

I hoped this helped.  Sorry it is so long.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.