[SOLVED] Looking for editor

Hello, not sure if this is in the right place, but I'm looking for an editor exactly like notepad, with line numbers on the side. Syntax colors wouldn't be all that bad, but is not needed.

Just something simple D:

Thank You!

Hello, not sure if this is in the right place, but I'm looking for an editor exactly like notepad, with line numbers on the side. Syntax colors wouldn't be all that bad, but is not needed.

Just something simple D:

Thank You!

Hi there ...

Maybe u should try SciTE from Scintilla.

Thank You! Just what I was looking for.

Question about it: Any way to change the font type? Any way for it to remember the settings you used before you exit(ex. window size, all the options selected)?

Thank You Again!  :)

Thank You! Just what I was looking for.

Question about it: Any way to change the font type? Any way for it to remember the settings you used before you exit(ex. window size, all the options selected)?

Thank You Again!  :)

Have u read the documentation (SciTEDoc.html) , it placed on its directory or at /usr/share/scite (usually) if u install it on Linux

PSPad is great on Windows if you want a simple editor.

I use Aptana, which is good, its designed on top of Eclipse as a Javascript IDE but has a PHP Plugin.

I started using Aptana because it comes ready with a good FTP plugin, which Eclipse PDT (The PHP Eclipse)

seems to be missing.  Plus, an intelligent Javascript editor is a huge plus.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.