Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hvle

some error with webchat

got this error when entering webchat

Warning: main(DB.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/www.phpfreaks.com/public_html/chat/config.php on line 50

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'DB.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/www.phpfreaks.com/public_html/chat/config.php on line 50

Chat has been down for some time now. I'm not aware of plans to fix it anytime soon.

I have informed Eric (phpfreak) about it a few times. He is pretty busy so I have stopped telling him about all these post to fix it or that it is down. I am sure he will fix it when he has time. From what I remember, few people actually used the chat....

Is eric still the only person who does the actual site coding around here? This makes no sense to me, especially at a site like this, which draws in people with the skills to help...

It depends. Ron and I have access to the templates, but not the database changes. We also (well, at least I don't) don't have access to the actual files themselves, so I/we can't edit the files, just what the admin panel provides us with.

i understand wanting to retain control of your website and all, but if you're too busy, then you're too busy. meanwhile the site gets neglected and at best, it's a constant annoyance. At worst, eventually everybody goes somewhere else.

there's got to be [i]someone(s)[/i] out here he knows and trusts enough to help out...

I agree 100%.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.