hvle
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 667 posts
  • Locationmelbourne, Australia

Posted 01 June 2006 - 04:59 AM

got this error when entering webchat

Warning: main(DB.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/www.phpfreaks.com/public_html/chat/config.php on line 50

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'DB.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/www.phpfreaks.com/public_html/chat/config.php on line 50

Life's too short for arguing.

#2 ober

ober
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 5,337 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 01 June 2006 - 01:59 PM

Chat has been down for some time now. I'm not aware of plans to fix it anytime soon.

Info: PHP Manual

#3 steelmanronald06

steelmanronald06
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 2,004 posts
  • LocationOk

Posted 01 June 2006 - 04:51 PM

I have informed Eric (phpfreak) about it a few times. He is pretty busy so I have stopped telling him about all these post to fix it or that it is down. I am sure he will fix it when he has time. From what I remember, few people actually used the chat....

#4 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 05:09 PM

Is eric still the only person who does the actual site coding around here? This makes no sense to me, especially at a site like this, which draws in people with the skills to help...
Did I help you? Feeling generous? Buy me lunch! 
Please, take the time and do some research and find out how much it would have cost you to get your help from a decent paid-for source. A "roll-of-the-dice" freelancer will charge you $5-$15/hr. A decent entry level freelancer will charge you around $15-30/hr. A professional will charge you anywhere from $50-$100/hr. An agency will charge anywhere from $100-$250/hr. Think about all this when soliciting for help here. Think about how much money you are making from the work you are asking for help on. No, we do not expect you to pay for the help given here, but donating a few bucks is a fraction of the cost of what you would have paid, shows your appreciation, helps motivate people to keep offering help without the pricetag, and helps make this a higher quality free-help community :)

#5 ober

ober
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 5,337 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 05:16 PM

It depends. Ron and I have access to the templates, but not the database changes. We also (well, at least I don't) don't have access to the actual files themselves, so I/we can't edit the files, just what the admin panel provides us with.

#6 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 05:07 PM

i understand wanting to retain control of your website and all, but if you're too busy, then you're too busy. meanwhile the site gets neglected and at best, it's a constant annoyance. At worst, eventually everybody goes somewhere else.

there's got to be someone(s) out here he knows and trusts enough to help out...
Did I help you? Feeling generous? Buy me lunch! 
Please, take the time and do some research and find out how much it would have cost you to get your help from a decent paid-for source. A "roll-of-the-dice" freelancer will charge you $5-$15/hr. A decent entry level freelancer will charge you around $15-30/hr. A professional will charge you anywhere from $50-$100/hr. An agency will charge anywhere from $100-$250/hr. Think about all this when soliciting for help here. Think about how much money you are making from the work you are asking for help on. No, we do not expect you to pay for the help given here, but donating a few bucks is a fraction of the cost of what you would have paid, shows your appreciation, helps motivate people to keep offering help without the pricetag, and helps make this a higher quality free-help community :)

#7 ober

ober
  • Staff Alumni
  • Advanced Member
  • 5,337 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 05:47 PM

I agree 100%.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users