Mail and Server Restrictions

porto88

I am a webmaster for my school and I am having trouble creating a simple form that sends e-mail to the teachers.
The form works fine on one of my own paid servers, but it does not send the email on the school server. I contacted the people in charge of the servers etc at our school and this is what i was told.

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]Our e-mail system has been setup not to accept incoming mail from any address @sdst.org (the schools server). Our users cannont manage to distinguish between valid internal mail and virus-generated garbage. You will probably need to figure out another way to have that sent, if that is the issue.[/quote]

The php that sends the email creates the e-mail headers and changes where the e-mail is from to the address the use types in. I know the script works because i have tested it on another server.

Does anyone know a way around this problem? or another way to approach it?

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

Did you get your form working? I have encountered the same problem. Kindly let me know what you did,
for the form to work, incase its working..

thanks a ton for the help..
its driving me crazy, coz it works on my server and my school server nothing seems ok!!!!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.