Online Password Vault

porto88

What do you think?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Array

[a href=\"http://www.onlinepwvault.com\" target=\"_blank\"]Online Password Vault[/a]

What do you guys think about the layout, as well as the idea of the site?
Would you use this site?

I think I am going to use SSL certificates soon to make the site more secure.

[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]It is completely online and can be used in your favorite browser like internet explorer. [/quote]

Umm... Internet Explorer should be capitalized and should probably have a TM symbol after it. I didn't see any mention of security or how you store my information. In short, it doesn't look secure, it doesn't feel secure, and you don't mention anything about it being secure.

Good luck with that.

Oh, and Opera has a built in password "wand", so if you switched to a real browser you'd have something that does this already.

i don't use internet explorer, i use firefox and opera
what if i did use ssl to secure it further?

[!--quoteo(post=379100:date=Jun 1 2006, 11:36 AM:name=ober)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(ober @ Jun 1 2006, 11:36 AM) [snapback]379100[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Umm... Internet Explorer should be capitalized and should probably have a TM symbol after it. I didn't see any mention of security or how you store my information. In short, it doesn't look secure, it doesn't feel secure, and you don't mention anything about it being secure.

Good luck with that.

Oh, and Opera has a built in password "wand", so if you switched to a real browser you'd have something that does this already.
[/quote]

I won't even comment on the "real browser" thing.
Now, no matter how the site looks, I've got to say, it probably won't work out. No one would want to trust all their passwords to a computer on the internet run by someone they don't know. Common sense. I really just don't see this as something that could work.

yeah, it's definitely not anything I'd use. I don't even store passwords on my computer, let alone a server on the web.

And I've noticed a few whoopsies up there - you say you use a one-way encryption method? How, then, if it's a ONE-way encryption method, do you get the password back to send it to the user? You can't decrypt a one-way encryption...

oh, thats not what i ment, i ment that the password for the site, the one you use to log in uses a one way encryption, the other passwords use a different encryption process

also, i have setup SSL Certificates on the site

alright, well thanks for your guys opinions,
I am going to try and advertise the site for a couple weeks and see what happens

I noticed that most people that know things about computers will not trust anyone with their passwords, but other non computer users will. Also, i would assume there are more people like that around, i just need to get the word out about the site. The project is one of my first and i am just trying to see how much traffic i can get

Ha! - what if my password contains a Quote " !! The good aul php magic_quotes kick in! A bit useless or a bit of crud.

Also for all ye out there -> firefox has a built in- master encryption password for encrypting ALL passwords it stores. It requires this master password on startup or access to sites. Instructions here ->
[a href=\"http://blogs.nonado.net/diamond/2006/05/28/firefox-software-security-device/\" target=\"_blank\"]http://blogs.nonado.net/diamond/2006/05/28...ecurity-device/[/a]

As for this website - there is a LOT fo work to be done. You use external images or something causing it to ask me to "accept unsecure items" and when I do - lock symbol disappears.

Its an idea - but I doubt it will catch on IMO.

-steve

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.