Can't access database

andy

I\'ve installed phpMyAdmin on a remote server, input server ip, username and address as supplied by the hosting company and get

#1045 - Access denied for user: \'signalpumps@213.171.218.20\' (Using password: YES)

I assume from this that phpMYAdmin is seeing the server but having trouble with the username or password or access privaleges. Is there a way of finding out which, using telent or the sql monitor.

What would be the prompts to use, as I\'m new to setting up a remote mySQL database.

ps I\'ve tried a little connect php file as well with the same error

[/b]

ask your hosting company, you might not have any privledges to do what phpMyAdmin can do...call or email your hosting company and ask to have full privledges to your database, and explain to them you are trying to use phpMyAdmin....

That is about all you can do right now....

BS :D

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.