Need a fresh perspective!

TiffanyHtr

Very quick response. Given that your home page contains essentially no text to give a clue as to what the site offers, it's highly unlikely to rank well with any search engine. Oh, and no meta tags either!

In a word or two, no meta tags, no useful text that a search robot can use in its index, and the tables for layout design (which makes the useful content to file ratio extremely low), pretty well guarantee it'll get virtually no search robot attention.

You could start by removing stuff like this: [a href=\"http://chicblvd.com/dating/him_and_her/mr_right.html\" target=\"_blank\"]http://chicblvd.com/dating/him_and_her/mr_right.html[/a]

While I agree that all women are precious and men should treat them with the utmost respect and do all those things, I also think women shouldn't expect them.

As for the website itself... it's ok. One thing I noticed was that once I clicked on an item to order it (one of the bachelorette t-shirts), the picture didn't show up with the description. But I did notice that it worked for several other items.

Another thing of concern is that when you click on an item when it's in the shopping cart, it takes you to what I assume to be your old yahoo store or something.

Another thing that's probably hurting you is that you don't have a ton of choices. I don't know anyone that wants to buy a 24K gold golf ball.

I agree with both Andy and Ober. The index page needs to tell me what the site is about, doesn't have anything.

And wow, that page that ober pointed out is pretty rediculous. A woman should walk away from a relationship if a man walks down a movie isle first. If anything, I think he should to clear out the legs of anyone else in the way. Opening the door and paying are pretty common and usually done, but pulling out the chair, that's a bit much. Walk on the outside down the street, what the hell does that mean? So the passing cars can all check out the lady?

As far as the layout, I think it is pretty clean and nice, but you need some more content (text).

I am unsure as to why you are not seeing pictures on the description pages...??

And the Yahoo Store was just updated, I'm not seeing any of the old store left. What browser are you using? Are others seeing the same ugly yahoo store?

When you mean add more info to the index page.. what info should be there? It wouldn't seem to really "fit"... Maybe like "Buy unique and chic products exclusively at ChicBlvd to help you along your road to life..." or something?

Thanks for the comments... I will definitely take them into consideration.

Tiffany :o)

[!--quoteo(post=379333:date=Jun 2 2006, 09:24 AM:name=jcombs_31)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(jcombs_31 @ Jun 2 2006, 09:24 AM) [snapback]379333[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I agree with both Andy and Ober. The index page needs to tell me what the site is about, doesn't have anything.

And wow, that page that ober pointed out is pretty rediculous. A woman should walk away from a relationship if a man walks down a movie isle first. If anything, I think he should to clear out the legs of anyone else in the way. Opening the door and paying are pretty common and usually done, but pulling out the chair, that's a bit much. Walk on the outside down the street, what the hell does that mean? So the passing cars can all check out the lady?

As far as the layout, I think it is pretty clean and nice, but you need some more content (text).
[/quote]

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.