Form Design Layout...

I\'m starting to develop my first serious web-based database application using Dreamweaver, PHP and MySQL. I\'ve created one site before which used PHP and MySQL (see http://www.hughpicks.com) but the layout of the pages were pretty basic. I am now ready to take on something a bit more challenging.

I have an application I wrote in Visual FoxPro which has fairly intensive screen layouts. My question is, can I use DW to place my form fields (for data entry) whereever I need to, using PHP code? Exactly how time intensive is it to develop data entry screens using Dreamweaver and PHP?

Anyone care to share their experience?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, I\'ll second that.

I do use DW as my main editor and PHP development tool. Main drawback is the missing layout view.

I usually develop my data entry forms in \'normal\' HTML mode first and then copy/paste it into the PHP section once I\'m happy with formatting and the way how the Style Sheets are picked up. I use a local installation of an Apache as the testing server which makes quick tests and publishs out of DW really easy.

PM

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.