Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fruzzgle

Manually Creating Databases.

I know there is this thing you can download and in most hosting plans they have a php admin. With the php admin you can create new databases, tables, quaries, and all kinds of stuff. But the php Admin really confuses me and I think It would be a lot easyer If I did it all manually. Lets say I want to create a users database, how would I do this-

-What code is used to create new database (somthing like mysql_create_database or somthing).
-And how do I run the code and create it. Do I make a new page for it and visit the page once- creating a new database?

Thanks in Advanced.

Some hosts won't allow you to create databases through a script. I know with mine anyway, they require you to use their control panel to create the databases, then I use PHPMyAdmin to control them.

Stephen

You should be able to write a PHP script do issue whatever DB statements you want, provided that you have a DB user with the appropriate credentials.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.