How can I pass a value in a link and not display it

HGeneAnthony

This might sound a little stange but the scenario I have is I'm working on a page which has a link based navigation bar. When the user types Next it passes index.php?goto=next. The problem with this is if the user reloads the page I have it set to check if goto was passed and to carry out the action if it was. The goto action changes the starting record of what's passed and it displays 25 records at a time. So if the user clicks Next the first time it will change the starting record to 25 and on a refresh it will change it to 50. I would like to pass it as a post variable but I don't know if it's possible with a hyperlink. Does anyone have an idea how I can resolve this?

[!--quoteo(post=379846:date=Jun 4 2006, 07:42 AM:name=stephenk)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(stephenk @ Jun 4 2006, 07:42 AM) [snapback]379846[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Im not 100% sure of what you're trying here, but couldn't you use

?goto=25 // ?goto=50 // etc, and grab the variable from there, then it wont matter if the user refreshes.

Stephen
[/quote]

Yeah I though of it. I guess I'll just do it this way. Thanx!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.