Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeannie109

Completed Task Column/Post to New Web Page

I have a Job List with different fields. I would like a column that would have the ability to click on C(ompleted) and when you check it off it will post these jobs to a new web page of completed jobs. Actually, instead of having the Delete choice, I would like a C(ompleted) choice with the V(iew) and E(dit) I can't figure out how to do this. Any help would be appreciated. Here is the site:
[a href=\"http://jobboard.bernardtransportation.com/jobs.php?posting=yes&\" target=\"_blank\"]http://jobboard.bernardtransportation.com/...hp?posting=yes&[/a]
Please don't delete any entries or make any radical changes to the Job List.

Here's one way

[code]<?php
if (isset($_GET['action'])) {
    $id = $_GET['id'];

switch ($_GET['action']) {
        case 'D':
            # delete rec with id = $id  here
            echo "Deleting $id";
            break;

case 'V':
            /*
            # display rec with id = $id
            # eg
                header("location: taskdetail.php?id=$id");
                exit;
            */
            echo "Viewing $id";
            break;

case 'E':
            /*
            # display edit form for rec with id = $id
            # eg
                header("location: taskedit.php?id=$id");
                exit;
            */
            echo "Editing $id";
            break;
    }

}
?>
<hr/>
Task 1 <a href='?action=V&amp;id=1'>View</a> <a href='?action=E&amp;id=1'>Edit</a> <a href='?action=D&amp;id=1'>Delete</a>
<br />
Task 2 <a href='?action=V&amp;id=2'>View</a> <a href='?action=E&amp;id=2'>Edit</a> <a href='?action=D&amp;id=2'>Delete</a>
<br />
Task 3 <a href='?action=V&amp;id=3'>View</a> <a href='?action=E&amp;id=3'>Edit</a> <a href='?action=D&amp;id=3'>Delete</a>
<br />[/code]

Barry,

Thank you so much for writing back. I appreciate your trying to help with the code. However, I already have the capability to View Edit and Delete. What I need is the code for one of the Options to be [b]Complete[/b] or [b]Done[/b], INSTEAD of Delete, and for the items once completed to be posted to a new page, complete.php. Is that something that is feasible?

Again, thank you so much for offering to help.

Jeannie

My preferred method is to put a checkbox against each item. Give the checkboxes the same name, something like "done_task[]" and give each the value of the task id

[code]TASK 1 <input type='checkbox' name='done_task[]' value='$task_id'>[/code]

When you process

[code]if (isset($_POST['done_task'])) {

$done_id_list = join (",", $_POST['done_task']);

mysql_query ("UPDATE tasks SET completed = 1 WHERE id IN ($done_id_list)");
}[/code]

barry? aHAHahAHAHahHAAa ermm...yeah anyways,

in case it's not clear, with barand's ^ post, you would then select/echo items on each of your pages, based on the 'completed' field being set to 1 or not.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.