cookie expires too early!

Bee

Hi,

I took a tutorial to make a text file based counter. The counter counts fine; however, it doesn't seem to register the cookie because whenever I refresh the page, it adds one to the count. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/excl.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":excl:\" border=\"0\" alt=\"excl.gif\" /]

This is my cookie code:

setcookie("user_ip", $REMOTE_ADDR, time()+360000);

Any help will be very very much appreciated.

[!--quoteo(post=380198:date=Jun 5 2006, 08:53 AM:name=Orio)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Orio @ Jun 5 2006, 08:53 AM) [snapback]380198[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Can you show the counter script itself? I think the error is checking the cookie, not in setting it (because your setting is ok).

Orio.
[/quote]

I could not send my code, I keep getting an error message when I try to send the code:

"You are not authorized to view this page
You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied."

But here is a link to the tutorial? My code is exactly the same except from the <br> statements that I removed.

[a href=\"http://www.phpfreaks.com/tutorials/27/0.php\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.phpfreaks.com/tutorials/27/0.php[/a]

Thank you,
Bee

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.