Accessing a DOS variable

jayR

There is a variable I can access from the dos promt that is called %nwusername% and it returns the novell username of the person currently logged into the system. Is there a way I can access that variable so that I can record the username of who is accessing my company's intranet page? I've looked around but found nothing. Thanks in advance.

The thing is that multiple people can share computers, so they have the same IP address. If I could log their Novell username it would let us see who specifically accessed the page, not just which machine.

You should be able to get this infomation through COM. However this really is more a windows thing, php just provides the COM interface. You would probably find more help on a MS developers site.

Beware though, COM is an absolute mess.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.