#1 TronB24

TronB24
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 05 June 2006 - 02:59 PM

Using Dreamweaver 8.0.2, PHP 5.1.4, & MySQL 5

What I have successfully done this far is pull all the records from table1 in my database and listed them on a page using the server behaviors (ie. Business Name, First Name, Last Name, etc.). Also in table one are foreign keys to two other tables (table2 and table3). Now I made two additional server behaviors to pull the values of these two table onto my page.

I can drag the values of these two queries onto my page list (trying to do what I did with table1), but they only show the result of the first record. How do I link primary keys of table2 & table3 to their foreign keys of table1 so that have that they display correct values?

I hope that was clear, thank is advance.
...that depends on what the definition of "is" is.

#2 moberemk

moberemk
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 695 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 08:04 PM

[a href=\"http://www.interaktonline.com/\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.interaktonline.com/[/a]
I know, I know, I've extolled them quite a bit, but their extensions are simply of the highest quality I've found for app development. It costs a bit of money, though it probably is worth it in the end. Judging from your post, it seems that you want to use a MySQL join, and this lets you do it fairly easily.
Disclaimer: No matter how harsh I may be, I'm always IMO only.

#3 TronB24

TronB24
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 05 June 2006 - 08:23 PM

Thank you. I've been "eyeballing" their products all day today wondering if the investment was worth it. Actually I met some of the reps from Interakt a couple of weeks ago at TODCon (Dreamweaver conference) and was impressed by their commitment to PHP development.

Just in case I can't get the powers that be to purchase their set of extensions, does anyone have any other suggestions? It seems to be that it's a matter of figuring the correct SQL syntax other than what Dreamweaver automaticlly writes. What that is.... I can't figure out

#4 moberemk

moberemk
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 695 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 09:27 PM

Hey, if you can convince them to buy MX Kollection, you're pretty much set for a very long time to come. Failing at that, you can always either learn SQL queries, or find another visual SQL Query generator, like MS Acess.
Disclaimer: No matter how harsh I may be, I'm always IMO only.

#5 TronB24

TronB24
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 08 June 2006 - 01:37 AM

Thanks for the direction. InterAKT extensions has made life a lot simpler for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users