Intergrate a forum?

csgcarl

Hi, Ive searched google every where basicly but can not find this! Basicly I have a site that members can log into and a forum but everytime a member registers they have to signup on forum and site, how can i make it so they register once and it creates an account on site and forum? also so when they log into site it logs them into forum?

Thanks
Carl

you have to look at your forum's script and find out what all is inserted into its table when you register (like username, password, register date, etc...) you must then make your site script register the user the same way (inserting the same information into the same table(s)).

then you have to look at your forum's login script and see what kind of information is being retrieved and carried in the session, that makes the user "logged in" (such as their username, password, etc..) and create the same session variables on your site's login script, so that when they login on your site, those session variables will be created, so that if they then go to the forum, it will show them as logged in.

unfortunately, we cannot get more specific than that, since we don't know which forum script you are using, and we don't know how your own site's script is setup.

The best place to look for a solution like this is at the website for your forum (for instance, if you use phpbb then go to their forum), because this is a fairly common question, so I'm pretty sure it's already been addressed by people who use it, or maybe even the owners themselves.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.